Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Slice Of Christmas Spirit

| Right | December 24, 2012

(It’s the holidays. A woman comes in looking for sliced Christmas ham. She is on her cell phone. It is our policy to show the customers the first slice of any product to make sure it’s as thick or thin as they want.)

Me: *holds up first piece of ham* “Ma’am? Is this okay?”

(She waves me away impatiently and continues gabbing on her phone. I try to get her attention again to no avail.)

Me: *goes back to cutting ham* “Okay.”

(I finish slicing two pounds of ham and put it on the counter. She is still on her phone, so I move on to the next customer. A few minutes later…)

Customer: *shoves ham in my face* “What is this?”

Me: “It’s the ham you ordered, ma’am.”

Customer: “It most certainly is not! It’s too thick! Nobody can eat this!”

Me: “With all due respect, you didn’t answer me. You waved, which I figured meant you okayed the first slice.”

(She picks up the bag of ham and throws it into her basket on the floor, kicks the basket, and scoops it up, stomping off like a child.)

Me: “And a very Merry Christmas to you, too!”


This story is part of the People Who Should Get Off Their Phones roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!