Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Sign This Will Not Go Well

, , , , | Right | June 17, 2020

I work for a postal retail outlet. A young boy needs an adult to sign for a parcel, as is the rule. I politely ask if he has a guardian who can sign for him, and he comes back with a very irate grandmother.

Grandmother: “Excuse me. We are picking up the parcel and he is going to sign for it!”

Me: “I’m sorry, but we can’t allow kids to sign for anything; you need to be eighteen or older.”

Grandmother: “There is no age when it comes to signing for parcels. I know this. Every post office knows this!”

Me: “That simply can’t be true; I was told you need to be of age by my training.”

Grandmother: “No, that’s not right at all. I know for a fact that any age can sign for a parcel.”

Me: “I’m telling you, ma’am, the post office told me directly that you need to be an adult to sign for a parcel and unless you sign for him, I can’t release it to him.”

Grandmother: “I’m telling you you’re wrong. I can’t believe this. You’re telling me he can’t get his own parcels?”

Me: “If it requires a signature, I am not allowed to let him sign for it himself; he needs a guardian’s signature.”

Grandmother: “Fine. I will be calling the post office about this. I will sign this time, but I will be complaining about this.”

She signs for the parcel, finally.

Me: “Thank you kindly. Have a great night.”

Grandmother: “Whatever.”

Gran stomped off in a huff with the parcel and child in tow after my polite retort to her attitude.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!