Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Sign That It Will Be OK

| Right | September 4, 2014

(I’ve just gotten off a really long, rough shift and decide to treat myself with some ice cream from a shop that’s just opened for the season. I order a small cone and hold out my debit card for the cashier to take while checking my phone.)

Cashier: “Oh. Um… I’m sorry, but we don’t accept cards.”

Me: *looking up* “Oh, really?”

(As I look up, I see just above the cashier’s head a 2x3ft neon pink sign with large, bold letters that say, “No cards accepted. Sorry for any inconvenience”. I glance around and see no less than three more large, bright signs all saying some variation of the pink one.)

Me: *laughing* “Oh, my god, I am so sorry. I’ve always sworn to myself I wouldn’t be one of THOSE customers, you know? Ah, golly, here, lemme run to my car and get some cash. I’m so sorry.”

(After I pay, the girl hands me a medium cone. I’m about to go back to the counter and tell her she gave me a larger size than I wanted when I see some writing on the napkin wrapped around the cone.)

Note On Napkin: “Thank you for not being one of THOSE customers! Here’s to summer. Hope to see you again!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!