Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Shortage Of Men-tal Ability

| Working | December 2, 2012

(At the warehouse where I work, we’re taking some new hires inside the huge walk-in freezer. Everyone has to put on freezer suits, but I notice one of the new hires is too small to wear our freezer suits.)

Me: “So, one of the new people can’t wear the freezer suit. We’ve gotta put her in a different section.”

Manager #1: “Just zip her into it she’ll be fine.”

Me: “No, the freezer suit is three times too big for her. She wouldn’t be able to safely move and carry things around.”

Manager #1: “Well, maybe she shouldn’t be so small, then!”

Me: “Um… I don’t really think that’s in her control. She’s kinda short.”

Manager #2: “What the h*** is going on?”

Me: “One of the new people is too physically small to safely move around in the freezer suits, so I want to have somebody take her over to another section of the warehouse.”

Manager #2: “Is that [new hire’s name]?”

Me: “Yeah, how’d you know?”

Manager #2: “[Coworker] is a friend of hers. He was joking yesterday that he knew she’d be too small to fit in the suits.” *to the Manager #1* “I left you a note to have her on the other side of the warehouse!”

Manager #1: “I thought that was just ’cause she was a girl!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!