Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Service To Customer Service

, | Right | July 3, 2015

(It is my last day of work because I am leaving in order to attend an out-of-state university. One of my regular customers knows this and has promised to come and see me before I leave, but my shift is about to end and I still haven’t seen her. About a half hour before I have to leave she comes in carrying a large shopping bag.)

Customer: “[My Name]! I’m glad I caught you.”

Me: “Same here! I was hoping you’d come in and was worried when you didn’t.”

Customer: “I can’t stay very long but I wanted to give you this.”

(She reaches into the bag, pulls out a box of chocolates from a well known candy store, and hands it to me.)

Customer: “You’ve always been so nice to me and given me the greatest customer service. I’m going to miss you! Here, take my phone number and call me when you come back.”

(I thanked her profusely, took the candy, and gave her my number. There were tears in my eyes the whole time. I’ve had many customers throughout my work experience – some especially good and some especially terrible – but she will always stick in my mind as one of the best.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!