Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

What’s The Twenty?

| Working | August 17, 2016

(I am out at a wings place with the family, and the total comes out around $80.)

Waitress: “Here’s your check, sir.”

(I pay with a $50 card, a $25 card, and a 20 dollar bill and the waitress runs it through and then shows us the receipt.)

Waitress: “All right, we ran your cards. Now we just need $6.11 for the rest of the meal.”

Me: “Uh, no. I gave you a $20 bill, remember? I explained everything…”

Waitress: “Oh, I’m sorry. Let me go see if I dropped it.”

(I wait around three minutes and the manager walks up.)

Manager: “Hi, my name’s [Manager] and I’m the manager here. I hear that you paid $20 bucks but the waitress is saying differently. I’ll try to go in the middle here and pay for the rest of your meal but I’m sorry about your other $15.”

Me: “No, that’s not happening. I gave it to that girl and explained how I was paying and everything. I’m not losing $15.”

(The waitress comes running.)

Waitress: “Oh! Here! I found it the trash…”

(Waitress walks off to get the new receipt.)

Manager: “Oh, uh… I’m so sorry about that.”

Me: “No… I don’t think you are, because you were just going to side with her and sit here and call me a liar. You can’t tell me that you believe her story. Unbelievable. You need to talk to her about stealing my money.”

Manager: “Yes, sir. We will definitely talk to her about it.”

(Manager walks off and Waitress comes back with receipt.)

Waitress: “Here’s your receipt. Sir, you don’t have to be so rude.”

(The waitress walks off immediately and starts fake cleaning tables.)

Me: “Are you kidding me?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!