Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A-Salt And Ornery

, | Working | January 24, 2013

(I’m pregnant and have to cut a lot of salt out of my diet. One day before I start my shift, I come in to the fast food restaurant where I work to have dinner.)

Me: “…and please make sure no salt on those fries, please.”

Coworker #1: “Sure thing. I’ve got a medium, no salt french fry!”

Coworker #2: “Sure, it’s three minutes…”

(Three minutes later, my food is up but the fries obviously are covered in salt.)

Me: “Sorry, I think there was a mistake. I need no salt on these.”

Coworker #2: “Oh! I thought you wanted extra salt! Let me put down another basket; it will be three minutes.”

Me: “Okay, I’ll just eat the rest of my food while I wait.”

(Three minutes later, my fries get brought out to me but they still have salt on them. Not wanting to start a fight with Coworker #2, who I don’t know, I take them to Coworker #1.)

Me: “I’m sorry. I think she keeps forgetting I need no salt on these.”

Coworker #1: “Don’t worry. I’ll take care of it.”

(Coworker #1 carries the fries over to Coworker #2 and shows them to her.)

Coworker #1: “Do these have salt on them?”

Coworker #2: “Well, duh! Fries come with salt, don’t they?”

Coworker #1: “Yes, they normally do, but I need a medium size fry with NO salt on them.”

Coworker #2: “I’m not going to put down another basket of fries! You’re wasting them all!”

Coworker #1: “They wouldn’t be wasted if you would just make them right.”

(I watch from the counter as Coworker #2 makes a fresh basket of fries, but once they are up, she pours four times the amount of salt on them and tries to give them to me.)

Me: “Look, I work here, and I know you are aware I asked for no salt. So, why did you purposely put three extra salts on them?”

Coworker #1: “Oh, you’re fat. It doesn’t matter what you eat!”

Me: “Yeah, it does matter what I eat because this ‘fat’ is a baby. That’s why I can’t have salt.”

(I clock in, but let it slide since my coworker doesn’t say anything more to me. Not surprisingly, she was later reprimanded for making the fries so salty that the customers refused to eat them.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!