Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Resistance To Watt’s Current In Science

, , , , , | Right | September 2, 2012

(A customer comes into my store to return an analog multimeter.)

Me: “Hello, ma’am. What can I help you with?”

Customer: “I want to return this meter.”

Me: “Okay, no problem. Do you have your receipt?”

(She gives me her receipt and I check it.)

Me: “Everything seems to be in order. Why are you returning this today?”

Customer: “This meter doesn’t detect electro-pulses in the air. Computers and stuff can cause currents to run through your bed, and it causes cancer. I wanted to measure the currents running through my house and bed.”

(Multimeters can be used to measure current, voltage, and resistance, but this specific one can’t measure currents in the air.)

Me: “It’s true that this device can’t measure currents in the air. However, you do know it’s literally impossible to avoid being bombarded by electromagnetic waves, right? You are more likely to win the lottery than die from over-exposure to electromagnetic waves. You don’t have to worry about that.”

Customer: “That is EXACTLY what the government wants you to believe! Look it up online if you don’t believe me! Children are especially affected by them. It causes cancer and all sorts of other sicknesses. I can even sense them in the air now!”

Me: “Well, you are in an electronics store after all. But if you could sense these waves, why do you need a multimeter in the first place?”

Customer: “I am not crazy!” *storms out of the store*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!