Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Recipe For Disaster, Part 3

| Friendly | March 6, 2014

(My friend is visiting her sister-in-law who lives in my neighborhood so I invite both of them over for dinner. I make shrimp creole and they both compliment it and both ask for the recipe. The recipe involves sautéing diced onion, green pepper, and celery in butter, then adding tomatoes, bay leaves, Tabasco sauce, salt, and pepper, and simmering before adding cooked shrimp and serving over rice. A week later, I get a call from the friend.)

Friend: “My husband hates your shrimp creole.”

Me: “Oh, that’s too bad. Maybe the Tabasco sauce was too spicy for him.”

Friend: “No, it couldn’t be that. I didn’t use it.”

Me: “Oh, I guess he doesn’t like all those little veggies, but anyway, too bad he was unhappy.”

Friend: “Oh, cutting up those vegetables was too much work. I wasn’t going to bother with THAT! I just bought some salsa and heated it up and dumped in some frozen shrimp and microwaved it and put it over minute rice. He said he was surprised how bad it was, and I thought I should tell you that your recipe is horrible.”

Me: “Uh, you didn’t EVEN TOUCH my recipe.”

Related:
A Recipe For Disaster, Part 2
A Recipe For Disaster

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!