Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Real TV Bad Guy

| Working | June 23, 2016

(I live on the 23rd floor of an apartment building. I have ordered a huge TV from an electronics store and take a cab there to pick it up. After I get the TV, I realize that I don’t have enough money to pay for a cab back to my building and must carry it home. It is ridiculously hot this day and when I get back I am clearly dehydrated and ready to pass out. In our building, there is only one elevator and you need a key to use it if you indicate that you want to go up. As if this day wasn’t absolute hell already, I notice that I forgot my elevator key at home so I talk to the manager.)

Me: *with bad heat stroke* “Hi, [Manager]…”

Manager: “I’m very busy; you should have called me beforehand.”

Me: “This will be very quick. Can I use the spare elevator key? I have this TV I need to take up and I left my key at home.”

Manager: “No, the spare key is only for building staff and people who are moving.”

Me: “It will only take five minutes. I’ll bring it back right away.”

Manager: “No.”

Me: “What am I supposed to do now? I don’t think I can make back upstairs. I definitely can’t do it with my TV.”

Manager: “Well, try.”

Me: “Okay, but can I leave the TV in your office until I get my elevator key?”

Manager: “Absolutely not. You can’t just leave your stuff in my office. You have to take it with you.”

Me: “Can I at least stay here until I feel better?”

Manager: “No, you’re not supposed to be in here in the first place. You didn’t call me yesterday to make an appointment. Get out of my office.”

(Yes, he wanted me to drag my brand new TV up the stairs to the 23rd floor with obvious heat stroke. I made it up to the ninth floor landing before I sat down on the floor with the TV beside me and passed out. Luckily, the janitor found me and called an ambulance and left me a note saying that the TV was in his apartment, still in the box, where I could get it once I feel better. I moved out the following month and filed a complaint.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!