Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Real Life Game Of Telephone

, , , , | Right | July 29, 2009

Me: “Hi, I’m calling on behalf of [Power Company]. I’m conducting a survey about your electrical service.”

Guy: “You’re disconnecting a what?”

Me: “I’m conducting a survey.”

Guy: “What kind of survey?”

Me: “It’s about your electrical service.”

Guy: “Are you shutting off my electricity?”

Me: “No, everything’s fine. I’m just conducting a survey to find out if you’re satisfied with your service.”

Guy: “You’re disconnecting a what?”

Me: “Conducting a survey–”

Guy: *to his wife* “You didn’t pay the bill and now they’re cutting off our lights!”

Wife: “I paid the d*** bill!”

Guy: “My wife says she paid the bill! Why are you cutting off my service if the bill’s been paid?”

Me: “Your service isn’t being cut off. I’m conducting a survey.”

Guy: “Disconnecting a what?”

Me: *very slowly* “Conducting a survey…”

Guy: *to his wife* “They’re disconnecting our survey! You paid the bill late!”

Wife: “No, I didn’t! Get off my case!”

Me: “Nothing’s being disconnected!”

Guy: “Then why are you calling?”

Me: “To make sure you’re satisfied with the service you’re receiving.”

Guy: “I was satisfied until you told me you’re cutting off my service.”

Me: “Your service isn’t being cut off. Everything’s fine!”

Guy: “Oh, okay. Well, I gotta go apologize to my wife now!” *click*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!