Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Real Hum-Dinger Of A Hymn

| Working | July 31, 2015

(My mother-in-law is in assisted-living apartments, and is very happy at Easter because they are going to have Easter church services at the facility.)

Mother-In-Law: “They were putting together the program but had to redo it.”

Me: “Why?”

Mother-In-Law: “It seems they’d included a couple of hymns as part of the service and the know-it-all administrator had volunteered to type up the hymns from a hymnal.”

Me: “Why was that a problem?”

Mother-In-Law: “She didn’t understand that the verses are printed above the music and the same music is used for each of the four lines, so she just typed the words in the order they appeared, which totally scrambled the whole thing. I overheard the conversation…”

(Below is the conversation, as described by my mother-in-law:)

Know-it-all Administrator: “Well, I’m not a musician! Who on Earth could be expected to know this stuff?”

Events Coordinator: “But [Administrator], you go to church every single week which is why you don’t work Sundays. Don’t they sing in your church?”

Know-it-all Administrator: “Well, of course, they do, but I just hum along because I never could figure out the song book!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!