Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Real Classic

, , , , , | Right | March 30, 2010

(I am a customer talking to a salesperson when I am interrupted by another customer.)

Customer: “Do you have any Beethoven?”

Sales Person: “Certainly, our Classical section has quite a selection of Beethoven.”

Customer: “Well, I couldn’t find any of Beethoven, only various orchestras performing Beethoven’s music. Don’t you have any live Beethoven?”

Sales Person: “Well, no, we don’t, and I don’t think you will manage to find that anywhere.”

Customer: “I bet [Other Store] across the way has it.”

Sales Person: “I would doubt that, but you are welcome to check.”

Customer: “Why don’t you think they will have it?”

(I just have to interrupt.)

Me: “Because everyone knows that all the live copies of Beethoven burned up in his estate fire.”

Customer: “I didn’t know that. So, if there are no live recordings anywhere, how do people know what it sounds like?”

Me: “The sheet music was luckily printed on fireproof paper.”

Customer: “Wow, they had fire-proof paper back then?”


This story is part of the American States roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to read the roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!