Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Queso By Any Other Name

| Working | September 20, 2012

(I am calling my local retail store to ask if they have an item in stock.)

Employee #1: “Hello, thanks for calling [national company]. How can I help you?”

Me: “Yes, I was wondering if you could check if you guys sell quesadilla makers. If so, do you have any in stock?”

Employee #1: *rudely* “…A WHAT?!”

Me: “A quesadilla maker?”

Employee #1: “Oh, well, I will have to transfer you to Housewares. Please hold…”

(I sit on hold for about 3 minutes before another employees comes on the phone.)

Employee #2: “Housewares, how can I help you?”

Me: “Yes, hello… can you tell me if you carry quesadilla makers and if so, do you have any in stock?”

Employee #2: “…A what?”

Me: “A quesadilla maker.”

Employee #2: “…A WHAT?!”

Me: “Quesadilla maker.”

Employee #2: “Lady, I do not know what you are saying. Can you say it slow?!”

Me: “A… quesadilla… maker. You put tortillas in with some kind of cheese and sauce, close the top, and let it cook.”

Employee #2: “Oh, let me check…”

(I sit on hold for a few more minutes.)

Employee #2: “Sorry, lady, we don’t carry those things. We only have this round thing that opens and closes. You put tortillas inside, close it, and when you open it, it makes little triangle pieces.”

Me: *gives up* “Okay, thanks anyway.”

(I went to the physical store 20 minutes later and found the “round thing that opens and closes” by myself.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!