Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Price For The Devil To Pay

| Right | November 3, 2013

Customer: “Excuse me, miss; could you help me?”

Me: “Sure, what do you need?”

Customer: “Could you change the price on this syrup? The unit price is $6.66, and I don’t want to buy the devil’s syrup.”

Me: “I don’t think we can change the price at the store level. And I’m not sure that’s a valid reason to change a price.”

Customer: “It doesn’t have to be much. Even just a penny would be fine. Could you ask your manager?”

Me: “Ma’am, I really don’t think we can change the price on a national brand item. We have other kinds of syrup that are just as good if the unit price of that brand bothers you.”

Customer: “No! I want that brand! I only eat that brand! And I want you to lower the price of that brand!”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m afraid I can’t do that.”

Customer: “I’m never shopping at this devilish place again! Everyone who works here is going to go straight to Hell for associating with the devil!”

Me: “Have a nice day, ma’am.”


Did you find this story using our Lucky Penny roundup?

Click here to get back to it!

Click here to see the next story!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!