Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Popular Movie Sells Out On Opening Weekend? The Shock!  

, , | Right | February 16, 2020

(It is a busy Saturday and almost every movie is sold out.)

Customer: “I want four tickets for [Newly Premiered Movie] at 12:15.”

(It’s about 12:05.)

Me: “Sorry, ma’am, but it’s all sold out.”

Customer: “Excuse me?”

Me: “There are no seats left. It’s pretty busy today.”

Customer: *getting a bit riled up* “So you’re telling me you will not sell me tickets?!”

Me: “I can’t sell you tickets to a movie that’s sold out.”

Customer: “We came all the way from [Place not very far away, about ten minutes with a car] and now you’re telling me we can’t see the movie?!”

Me: “No, as I said, sold out. But there are a few seats left at the 2:00 show if you want to see that one.”

Customer: “No! I got a dog sitter for this! I can’t pay her that much extra! My kids really wanted to see that movie! Are you gonna stand here and tell them that they can’t?! Are you really gonna do that to my kids?!”

(I look at the kids, about eight and ten years old and looking really ashamed.)

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but if you don’t want to see anything else there’s really nothing I can do. May I suggest that you buy tickets from your phone next time? That way it’ll be easier to get tickets on time.”

Customer: “I want to talk to your manager!”

Me: “Sure.” *calls for a manager* “She’ll be here in just a minute.”

(While the first customer is waiting, I start to talk to the next customer in line when the first one interrupts:)

Customer: “Does she think we have all day?!”

Me: “She’ll be here as soon as she can.”

Customer: “I will make sure everyone hears about this awful service, and I will definitely make sure that you’ll get fired!”

(She read my name off of my name tag and stormed off before my manager even got there.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!