Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A-Plus Customer Service

, , , , , | Right | March 12, 2021

I’m applying for medical school and require three As to get a place. Naturally, I’m quite stressed as I got AAB in one of my mocks. My dad is testing me on my chemistry syllabus in a cafe.

Waitress: *Bringing our drinks* “How do you remember all that?”

Me: “Stress makes me work hard.”

Waitress: *Smiling* “Oh, sweetheart. I think you’re going to do well.”

Me: “Thank you. I hope so.”

Waitress: “Tell you what: after you’ve done your exams, I’ll give you a free coffee. As a reward for getting through them!”

Me: “Really? Thank you so much!”

Waitress: “No problem. I remember what it’s like. I had to get an A* and two As for my engineering degree. I wish you all the best.”

Every time I go to that cafe, the waitress gives me a thumbs up and mouths, “You got this!” I haven’t sat my exams yet, but that waitress has really made a difference for me the past few months. I hope to pay her kindness forward someday.


This story is part of our Feel Good roundup for March 2021!

Read the next Feel Good roundup for March 2021 story!

Read the Feel Good roundup for March 2021!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!