Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Pie In The Sky Orders

, , , | Right | May 20, 2019

(I work in a fast food chain that’s popular in the south. We have a dessert menu with two kinds of pies: apple and lemon. A customer comes to the drive-thru speaker and I listen on my headset as my coworker takes his order.)

Customer: “Uh, yeah, I didn’t receive my peach pie in my bag yesterday, and I’d like a fresh, free one.”

(We haven’t served peach pies in years. This guy has tried scamming us before, so my coworker decides to have some fun with this.)

Coworker: “Um, are you sure it was a peach pie?”

Customer: “Positive.”

Coworker: “You sure it wasn’t a banana pie?”

Customer: “Oh, yeah, yeah! That was it!”

Coworker: “All right, pull around to the window.”

(The customer pulls around to the window, and my coworker opens the window with a smirk on his face.)

Coworker: “Do you have your receipt with you?”

Customer: “Nope, I lost it.”

Coworker: “All right, one pineapple pie coming up.”

Customer: “Thank you! I can’t believe you guys forgot my pineapple pie! Are you guys always this incompetent?”

(My coworker decides to break the unfortunate news.)

Coworker: “Sir, we haven’t served peach, banana, or pineapple pies in over a year, so we couldn’t have forgotten it because you never ordered it. Nice try, though.”

(The customer’s face gets red and he speeds out of the drive-thru.)

Manager: “People will do anything for free food these days.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!