Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Perfectly Framed Argument

| Working | July 15, 2013

(After noticing the my current prescription for my glasses isn’t strong enough, I go an optometrist near my university. The optometrist in my home town is a two-day drive away, and I won`t be back home for almost an entire school year. I see the doctor, get my new prescription, choose my frames and am told that I only have to pay for everything when the glasses come in. Over the course of the year, I call, but am told that they aren’t in yet. After a year, I go to another place and get my glasses there. Finally after 18-months of waiting, the first place calls me.)

Receptionist: “Hello, is [my name] there?”

Me: “This is she.”

Receptionist: “Hello, this is [optometrist] calling to tell you that your glasses have arrived, and are ready to be picked up.”

Me: “Umm, actually, I got tired of waiting and went somewhere else.”

Receptionist: *rudely* “You ordered glasses with us, and then go elsewhere?”

Me: “Uh, yeah. If you check the date on the frames, you’ll notice that I ordered them over 18-months ago. I kinda needed new glasses before I graduated from university.”

Receptionist: *click*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!