Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Not-So-Nutty Religious Nut

, , , | Working | August 10, 2020

I have a new coworker who is part of a religion that likes to go around knocking on doors on Saturday mornings. He’s a nice guy but has been attempting to convert me, even though I’ve told him that I have a church that works for me. I’m getting very annoyed with it. I decide to try one more thing before I report him to HR.

Coworker: “…but seriously, you should come with me to Kingdom Hall sometime. I think you’d like it. You like your church. This is a church.”

Me: “Only if you come to [My Church] one Sunday.”

Coworker: “What?! Why?”

Me: “Well, you like your Kingdom Hall. I think you’d like my church.”

Coworker: “Don’t be silly. They’re two totally different entities. We believe different things. It’s not gonna work. Wait a second…”

He trails off and stares at me. I give him a knowing look. He chuckles and shakes his head.

Coworker: “Oh, you’re good. I see your point. I’m sorry.”

Me: “How about we settle it here? You know what I believe and I know what you believe. Since we don’t agree, we won’t talk about it at work anymore.”

Coworker: “Done. Well played, [My Name].”

We worked together for several years, and he eventually became one of my favorite coworkers. And he never brought up his religion again.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!