Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A New Form Of Pest Control

, | Right | November 5, 2014

(I am working at a popular fast food restaurant on a weekday. We are not extremely busy, but did have a fairly large drive-thru line. A man comes into the dining room and places his order wearing his work uniform. He is the only person in the dining room but he only waits about three minutes before coming to the counter to complain.)

Customer: “I have been waiting for my order for f***** ever, and want to speak with your manager, and I want my meal for free.”

(The manager comes over after hearing the customer.)

Manager: “How can I help you, sir?”

Customer: “I’ve been waiting here for f****** ever, and I expect my food now, and I expect it for free.”

Manager: “I’m sorry but we serve on a ‘first-come, first-serve basis’ and have a long line in the drive-thru. I can give you a discount on your order, but we can’t give it to you for free.”

Customer: “Your corporate offices are going to hear about your s**** service and you’ll be fired.”

(The customer storms out and I ask my manager what happened. He said this customer comes in about once a month to do this, but never wore a uniform before. It turns out the customer worked for a pest control company which our restaurant uses for routine sprays around the building. My manager calls the number on the customer’s uniform and tells them what has happened and that we’ll be using a different service from now on. A couple of days later the customer comes in again.)

Me: “Hello, sir. How can I help you?”

Customer: “I’m very sorry for how I acted the other day. Will you call my boss and ask them if I can have my job back?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!