Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Load Of Bad Songs

, , , , | Right | September 23, 2019

(I work in the electronics department at a chain retail store. I am helping an excited middle-aged woman pick out her first MP3 player. I pull out several in the price range she is looking for and begin to explain. She immediately cuts me off.)

Customer: *picking up a small square MP3 player* “I like this one and I love the color. The only issue is that it doesn’t have a screen. How will I know if I should skip a song?”

Me: “You could always listen to the beginning of the song and if it’s not one that you want to listen to you can skip to the next song.”

Customer: “But what about the songs I don’t like?”

Me: *very confused* “Well, as this is for you, I’m assuming you will only be loading songs that you like onto it, correct?”

Customer: “Yes.”

Me: “Then you won’t have to worry about it if you’re only going to load songs that you like.”

Customer: “Yeah, but what about the ones I don’t like?”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m not sure what you’re asking.”

Customer: *getting louder and more irritated* “What do I do about the songs I don’t like?!”

Me: “Ma’am, as I just said, if you’re only going to be putting songs that you like onto the MP3 player, then you don’t have to worry about songs you don’t like.”

Customer: *throwing her hands up* “I give up. You don’t understand! I’m going to find someone else!”

(She then stormed off to find someone else in electronics. Unfortunately for her, I was the only one working in the department that day.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!