Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Late Bloomer

| Working | October 24, 2014

(I have a job interview at 2:30. Wanting to make a good impression, I arrive to the interview early, around 2:10.)

Me: “Hello. I’m here to see Mr. [Interviewer], for my interview.”

Receptionist: “Okay, he’s just right around the corner. Good luck!”

(I go to meet my interviewer, who isn’t looking very happy.)

Me: “Hi, I’m [My Name]. I’m here for my job interview.”

Interviewer: “Nice to meet you. Now, shall we get started?”

Me: “Really?”

Interviewer: “Of course I mean really. Let’s get going!”

(He takes me to his office and conducts the interview inside. Just as we’re finishing…)

Interviewer: “All right, Mr. [My Name], thank you for taking the time to come here. Before you leave today, mind if I give you some advice? For future reference, if you have a job interview, try to arrive on time.”

Me: “Sir, I do not know what you’re talking about. I was supposed to have an interview at 2:30; we started too early, if anything.”

Interviewer: “Wait, YOU’RE my 2:30?!”

(He begins to flip through a notepad and scans through his list of interviews. I took a quick peek, and saw my name on the 2:30 line.)

Interviewer: “Well, okay then. This changes everything! Sorry about that!”

(With some impeccable timing, the office door swings open, and a disheveled man rushes in.)

Disheveled Man: “Sorry I’m late! I’m [Name Above My Name On The List] and I’m here for my interview!”

(Since my interview was done, all that was left for me to do was leave. About two weeks later, I got a callback and I was hired! When I started working, I haven’t seen that other guy.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!