Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Lack Of Considerate Driving

| Right | November 25, 2015

(I am around seven-months pregnant with my daughter. I am working on drive-thru. The customer drives up to the window after placing her order. She is pretty much as far away from the window as she can be.)

Me: “Hi there. That will be [total].”

(The customer hands me the money. She doesn’t try to help me out by reaching her arm out so I reach out as far as my belly will let me and managed to get her money. I punch in what she gave me and handed her the order and then her change. I accidentally drop a dime as she makes no effort to reach out for the change so I basically have to rest my belly on the counter.)

Customer: *tries to hand me back all her change* “Want to try that again without dropping it?”

(I am a little cranky at the fact that she couldn’t pull up to the window properly or at least reach her hand out more, and my bosses have always backed me up, so at this point I don’t care.)

Me: “Want to try pulling up to the window properly? I’m pregnant and I basically had to climb the counter because you’re an idiot. If you can’t pull up to the window you could at least make an effort reaching for your change instead of being rude and making me squish my stomach into the counter.”

(She didn’t answer and just drove away.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!