Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Hot Slice Of Kindness, Part 3

, , | Hopeless | January 31, 2017

(A few months prior to this story, a new pizza delivery place opened in our neighborhood, owned & operated, though we didn’t know it at first, by a family of Ethiopian refugees. It’s absolutely the most delicious, and often most unusual, pizza either of us has ever eaten, and even though we really can’t afford to, we wind up ordering it once or twice a week. One evening there’s a knock on the door, and it’s our pizza guy, with a large pizza in his hands…)

Me: “Oh, hi, [Pizza Guy]. Good to see you but we didn’t order a pizza tonight.”

Pizza Guy: *beaming* “Yes, we know. You order so much pizza from us. You tip always. We bring you pizza, say thank you.”

Me: “Oh, but we know you guys are struggling. You don’t have to do this.”

Pizza Guy: “Mother say we must.” *holds the pizza out more* “You take, thank you.”

Me: “Oh, in that case…” *I take the pizza* “Thank you, and thank your mother.”

(We had to move away from there a few months later. I hope they did well. Wonderful people, and awesome pizza!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!