Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Hot Slice Of Justice, Part 8

, , , , | Right | August 10, 2021

I work as a delivery driver for a large pizza company. My coworker originally ran this order, and no one answered the door. He called and they didn’t answer, so he came back to the store. Two hours later, the customer calls in and demands we remake the order, because it is cold by this point, and run it back out. I’m tasked with running it.

Client: “Aren’t we meant to get this for free?”

Me: “I’m sorry, I don’t know what you’re referring to.”

Client: “Thirty minutes or less?”

Me: “Uh, no, ma’am. I don’t believe we’ve had that policy since I was a preteen, if ever. Actually, I’m pretty sure that was [Competitor].”

Client: “Doesn’t matter if you have it or not; it took you two hours to get it to us! I want a refund, or I’m going to call corporate and have your job!”

Me: “That’s not going to happen so for reference I am [My Full Name], my manager on shift is [Manager’s], our store number is [number], and I don’t know corporate’s number but you’re welcome to Google it. Have a good day!”

I don’t believe corporate was ever called because, since then, both my manager and I have gotten promotions.

Related:
A Hot Slice Of Justice, Part 7
A Hot Slice Of Justice, Part 6
A Hot Slice Of Justice, Part 5
A Hot Slice Of Justice, Part 4
A Hot Slice Of Justice, Part 3

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!