Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Guided Tour Of Cheapskates

, , , | Right | May 20, 2020

I work for a local historical society. We provide guides for historical tours of the cities for groups visiting. They have to provide their own bus.

Me: “[Historical Society], this is [My Name]. How may I help you?”

Customer: “Yes, I’m [Customer] from [Tour Company], and I’m calling about arranging a step-on guide.”

Me: “I’d be happy to help you get the ball rolling on this. I’ll need to collect a little information from you first.”

Customer: “I’ve already spoken to [Coworker] at the Visitor’s Center. She told me that the price is $10 a person, on my bus! That is outrageous! I wouldn’t pay that anywhere!”

This has been our set price for years, and we have never had any complaints.

Me: “Sir, I don’t know what to tell you. That is our price.”

Customer: “I’m going to be having four buses and we need a tour, and you are the only ones in the area that offer them! But that price is just too high!”

Me: “Since you have four buses, let me talk to my boss and see if we can cut you a special rate. Will you hold for a moment?”

Customer: “Yes.”

I place him on hold and talk to my boss, who tells me to quote him a price of $350 per bus.

Customer: “What?! This is ridiculous. I’m not willing to pay more than $2 per person!”

Me: “Then I’m afraid we won’t be able to provide guides for you.”

Customer: “How dare you?!” *Click*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!