Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Good Customer Is A Fresh Breath Of Air

, | Right | January 27, 2014

(I enter a local fast food place. There’s only one customer ahead of me standing to the side. Just as I get to the counter to place my order he’s given an order of french fries. He lets out an incredibly loud and dramatic sigh, then proceeds to yell at the woman who gave them to him.)

Customer: “You know, you should just LISTEN to your customers!”

Employee: “What’s wrong, sir?”

Customer: “I said I wanted the FRESH ONES!”

Employee: “Oh, I’m sorry, sir. I wasn’t told. That batch just came out a minute ago. It’s still hot from the fryer.”

Customer: “I KNOW THAT! I specifically said I wanted the fresh batch you were working on!

Employee: “All right. Again, I didn’t know that, sir. I’m sorry. I’ll take those back and the other ones will be right up.”

Customer: “It’s just that you should LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMER! When he ASKS for something he should GET IT!”

(By this point all other conversation in the front of the restaurant has stopped and everyone – customers and employee alike – are staring at the man who’s still raising a fuss over something that has essentially already been resolved. He grabs his tray and stomps over to the far side of the counter, standing there with arms folded and huffing like someone a tenth his age. I finally step up to the register.)

Me: “Yes, I’ll have the [combo meal], and I’d like my soda made FRESH, please. Mix the syrup up yourself. And if you could take a straw and blow the bubbles into it right in front of me that would be great!”

(The other customer apparently didn’t hear me but at least I got a laugh out of the crew and the other people in line!)


This story is part of the French Fry roundup!

Read the next French Fry roundup story!

Read the French Fry roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!