Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Friendly Bill Of Health

, , , , , | Healthy | April 5, 2016

CONTENT WARNING: Animal Death (Natural Causes)

When I was nineteen I had just moved into my first apartment. I got a kitten from a friend’s cat that had kittens. I suffered from severe (suicidal) depression at the time, barely leaving the house or doing anything. Once I had a kitten to care for, I had a lot more motivation to care for myself. It was a huge step in getting myself into therapy and recovering. No matter how bad things got, I always had my baby kitty who always loved me. She lives with me for eighteen years in reasonably good health but eventually, her kidneys give out and it is her time.

Unfortunately, I have just lost my job and we are pretty broke. As we are long-time, reliable clients of the vet, they agree to let us pay in installments. I sell some crafts I make online so I make social media posts promoting my craft site to help cover the costs of my baby kitty’s euthanasia and cremation. About a week later of stressful, sad job-hunting and desperate crafting, I get a phone call from the vet:

Vet: “I have some news for you.”

Me: *confused* “Okay…”

Vet: “Someone called in and anonymously paid your bill.”

Me: “What…?”

Vet: “They made us swear to keep it anonymous, but your entire vet bill has been cleared up. You don’t have to worry about it anymore.”

Me: *sobbing uncontrollably*

I don’t think I will ever be able to thank that anonymous donor enough. My kitty was a literal lifesaver. Losing her (even after having her for eighteen years) was crushing to me. I worried the stress was going to push me back into the depression again, but this act of kindness brought me back. Thank you.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!