Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Free Cup Of Kindness

| Right | January 8, 2013

(I am having a pretty rough time, and I am not looking forward to work. I work in a small taco shack near the beach. My customers are often inexplicably rude, with a few exceptions. A girl walks up to the counter, and before I can ask what she wants to order she grins at me. Her smile is so genuine, I’m speechless.)

Girl: “How are you today?”

(I’m really surprised at this point.)

Me: “I’m, uh, I’m pretty good, thank you.”

Girl: “Oh, that’s good.” *smiles again*

Me: “Thank you… uh, what can I get you?”

Girl: “Oh, hmm… can I have a chicken taco and small drink, please?”

Me: “Sure, that will be 4.95.”

Girl: *digs through her purse* “I only have $4.02. Can I take off the drink, please?”

Me: “Oh yeah, sure.”

(I hand her the receipt and a empty drink cup.)

Girl: *surprised* “Wait, I asked to take the drink off.”

Me: “I did. You made my day a whole lot better just by asking how I was and giving me a smile. Least I can do is buy you a drink!”

(She thanks me and gives me her prettiest smile yet before walking away. People should realize the difference a smile can make. It can change an employee’s whole day!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!