Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Fire-y Altercation

| Working | December 14, 2016

(I work in the customer support section of a chain supermarket that’s in state only. We have hired a new employee who turned out to not be the best, and this is her last day working.)

New Hire: “YOU CAN’T FIRE ME! ONLY I CAN FIRE ME!”

Boss: “You may walk out yourself, or have security walk you out.”

(The new hire is on the floor throwing a temper tantrum until security finally makes it over.)

Security Guard: “Ma’am, we have to ask you to leave.”

New Hire: “NO! WHAT DON’T YOU ALL UNDERSTAND?! ONLY I CAN FIRE ME, NOT YOU, NOT EVEN CORPORATE.”

Security Guard: “This is your last warning to cooperate or police will be called and you can go with them.”

New Hire: “WAIT! I’M LEAVING BUT I DEMAND MY PAY FOR THE DAY!”

Boss: “You’ve only been on your shift for 30 minutes and in this time you showed up 15 minutes late, threw stuff on the floor, cursed out a customer, and threw a temper tantrum. If you deserve to be paid for that then I’ve been working the wrong way my entire life.”

New Hire: “WELL, IF YOU’RE GONNA ACT THAT WAY!”

(The new hire left, but not without throwing a few more things on the floor and having an altercation with the police!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!