Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Fight Between Black-Felts

| Right | June 4, 2013

(I am a 17-year-old male. I’ve recently become interested in learning how to make stuffed animals. I decide to make a stuffed animal for my sister, and go to the local fabric store for some felt and materials.)

Me: “Hi, can I get black, white, orange, and yellow felt please?”

Cashier: “Of course! What for, if I may ask?”

Me: “I’m going to attempt to make a stuffed animal for my sister; wish me luck!”

Cashier: “Aw, that’s so sweet!”

(The cashier hands me the black, white, and orange felt.)

Cashier: “You’ve got the last black felt, but let me check to see if we have any more yellow.”

(The cashier goes to the back. An elderly customer comes in, and snatches the black felt out of my hands.)

Me: “Hey! I need that!”

Elderly Customer: “No, you don’t. What would a stupid kid like you need this for?”

Me: “I have my reasons. Can I please get that back?”

Elderly Customer: “I need this more than you do. I bet you don’t even know how to sew; you’re a boy.”

(The cashier comes back.)

Cashier: “We’re all out of yellow, but we have—hey, why does she have the black felt?”

Elderly Customer: “I need it more than this brat!”

Me: “She grabbed it from me. Theoretically I could just cut up an old T-shirt or someth—”

(The cashier snatches the felt from the woman.)

Cashier: “Give me this.”

Elderly Customer: “WHAT WOULD SOME TEENAGER NEED THAT FOR?!”

Cashier: “He’s making a stuffed animal for his sister; now get out before I throw you out.”

(The elderly customer grumbles and leaves.)

Me: “Thank you so much.”

Cashier: “Honestly, I don’t know why that woman keeps coming back. Good luck on your stuffed animal; come back and show it to me!”

Me: “I’ll be sure to!”

(The stuffed animal came out great; I hope my sister loves it!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!