Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Fee-ble Attempt At Complaining

, , , , | Right | February 7, 2023

I used to be a funding supervisor at a call center. I didn’t supervise anyone, but when a customer would ask to speak to a supervisor regarding a funding issue, my team would get the call.

There is a particular fee that customers get when they haven’t completed a mandated annual security survey.

Caller: “I’m calling to complain about a fee I noticed on my statement. I don’t recognize it and I want an explanation! What is it and why is it on my statement?!”

I was able to explain to him what it was and how to get it removed, and I even agreed to a small refund for the fee for several months. That part of the call was fine and completely normal.

Me: “Is there anything else that I can help you with?”

Caller: *Yelling* “You hid that fee from me by putting it on my statement!”

I didn’t even bother trying to explain to him that we put it on his statement specifically so that he would see it and call to get it resolved. I guess he wore himself out after a few minutes because he finally told me that it wasn’t fair and hung up the call.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!