Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Drought Of Nice Customers

| Right | April 19, 2013

(We are having a really bad drought in the North Island at the moment, so we have some serious water restrictions. It’s the top of everyone’s mind, and everyone’s talking about it.)

Me: *to customer at drive-thru* “That’ll be [total].”

Customer: “Okay, here you go. Wow, it’s going to be another scorcher today, huh?”

Me: “I know, I’m just about to go do a rain dance.”

Customer: “I know how you feel. We’re on tank water, and it’s running a little low for us.”

Me: “Well, in town we’ve just got all the regular restrictions; we’re not watering and stuff. My mum’s so upset; she’s lost her entire veggie garden because she can’t water during the day.”

Customer: “That must be pretty hard on her. We’re doing okay, because we’ve been so careful and everything.”

(My coworker hands me her meal, and I hand it straight out.)

Me: “Here you go, all done!”

Customer: “Wow, that was fast! Thanks!”

(I think she’s about to drive away, so I move to shut the window.)

Customer: “Hang on! Can I see your manager, please?”

(Confused, I grab the manager on the floor.)

Manager: “Is there a problem?”

Customer: “I just wanted to tell you how lovely it is to get a pleasant employee at the drive-thru window. This young lady has been talking to me the entire time I was here, and it made the time absolutely fly. You so rarely get pleasant people in the service industry. I just wanted to say how nice she was. Thank you, and have a good day!”

(With that, she drives off. My manager gives me a thumbs-up, and I feel good the rest of my shift. Sometimes you get some good ones!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!