Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Different Kind Of Thrill Ride

, , , , , | Friendly | September 3, 2021

Some friends and I are planning to go to a local amusement park. The original plan is for it to be my boyfriend, my roommate, her boyfriend, [Friend #1], [Friend #2], and me. Shortly before we plan to go, [Friend #1] backs out; there’s a possibility she might be pregnant, and if she is, she shouldn’t be going on amusement park rides. [Roommate] and I become concerned that [Friend #2] will feel like a fifth wheel along with two couples, so we discuss together making sure we take turns so she isn’t always riding alone. I let my boyfriend know that he shouldn’t expect me to ride with him every time, and the reason why.

Boyfriend: “Oh, I thought [Friend #1] was coming, too.”

Me: “She was, but she and her husband are trying to get pregnant—”

Boyfriend: “And the only time they can try is on [day we’re going]?”

I then explained to him that it was more about her not knowing if she was pregnant yet and rides warning that pregnant women shouldn’t ride them. But I’m still ribbing him that his immediate thought was that our friend would tell us, “Sorry, I can’t come; I have to have sex with my husband that day!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!