Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Different Kind Of Call Escalation

, , , | Right | August 20, 2021

I work at a well-known call center in Texas where people call in about their credit reports. I have been going back and forth with this particular customer for some time, so I ask a lead to step in for me and finish the call.

While doing so, I am able to listen as she is using the actual phone while I have my headset on.

Caller: “I want this removed from my report immediately! It should not be there! It is fraud!”

Lead: “Ma’am, I understand that you wish to have this removed. However, we have not received any proof that this is fraud from you or the creditor on file. If you have that, we—”

Caller: “If I had that, don’t you think I would have sent it, you stupid b****?!”

Lead: “Ma’am, I’m sorry, but if you continue to use that language, I will have to terminate the call. I will only ask once. Now, if you do not have that, I recommend that you go to the nearest police station and file a report for fraud. Then, once it has been processed, send it to us.”

Caller: “This is such bulls***! I bet you need a good lay, you s***!”

My lead is completely speechless and doesn’t even know what to say. 

Caller: “HELLO?!” 

Lead: “I’m sorry, ma’am. As I have already warned you, I’m now ending this call. Goodbye.”

Caller: “NO! WAIT—” *Click*

My lead and I shared a good laugh, and we have no idea if she ever sent in the proof that we needed, but it was no longer our problem.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!