Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Dated Customer Service Model

| Romantic | July 14, 2016

(I work as a night cashier at a grocery store. It is a little after midnight. The doors are shut, but we’re not yet locked as the manager is helping a woman load her groceries in her car. A customer walks in the front door.)

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but we are shut. If you’d like to come back tomorrow, we open at six am.”

Customer: “Actually, I just came in here to ask you on a date.”

(I am in my mid 20’s, and this guy is at least in his 60s.)

Me: “Sorry, sir, but I’m actually in a relationship right now.”

Customer: “No, you’re not! I found you on Facebook and know that you split with your boyfriend two weeks ago! Now, say yes!”

Me: “No! I will not go out on a date with you!”

(My manager walks in at this stage and the customer turns to him.)

Customer: “I want to make a complaint against [My Name], as he isn’t doing his job!”

Manager: “What seems to be the problem, sir?”

(The customer explains the situation to my manager, and to my amazement, he describes everything that has just happened without telling any lies.)

Manager: “So you want to make a complaint against [My Name] because you’re not getting a date?”

Customer: “Correct! I want us to go on a date, and as the customer is always right, I demand a date, or I will take my complaint further!”

(My manager told the customer he was banned from the store. Some weeks later, the big manager for the state happened to be at our store and he told me that the customer indeed put in a complaint against me for refusing to go on a date with him. Apparently head office got a great laugh out of this customer.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!