Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Customer Without Power Will Make Even Ghosts Cower After The Midnight Hour

, , | Right | October 9, 2009

(A few weeks before Christmas at the hotel where I work, a huge snowstorm knocks out the power. I am working the night shift when somebody walks into the pitch-black lobby at about two in the morning.)

Customer: “What the h*** is this?! Where are the lights?”

(I’m hidden in the darkness, although I can see him clearly from the emergency light in the entrance.)

Me: “How can I help you?”

Customer: “Who said that? Oh, God, this place is haunted, isn’t it?”

Me: “Sir, no. I’m behind the counter. We just don’t have emergency lighting back here.”

Customer: “I don’t believe you!”

Me: “Yeah… what can I do for you, anyway?”

Customer: “I want to check in!”

Me: “Well, I’m sorry, but nobody can check in or out until the power’s back on.”

Customer: “Why the h*** not?!”

Me: “Well, because the computers can’t run without electricity. This includes the key card initializer. Even if I could check you in by hand, I can’t make you a key to get into the room.”

Customer: “Well, fix it!”

Me: “Fix what?”

Customer: “Fix the power! God!”

Me: “Sir, half the city is suffering from a power outage right now. I can’t just fix that.”

Customer: “Sure you can! You’re a ghost! Ghosts turn lights on and off all the time!”

Me: “Sir, I think it’s in your best interest to find a hotel on the other side of town.”

Customer: “Fine! I’ll call your manager, too, and tell him he shouldn’t be hiring ghosts! You are so unhelpful!” *storms out*


This story is part of our Weird Hotel Guests roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

17 Awful Customers Ordering Food

 

Read the next Weird Hotel Guests roundup story!

Read the Weird Hotel Guests roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!