Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Creep In Training

, , , | Right | September 11, 2020

I am a seventeen-year-old girl, and I recently received a partial promotion, meaning I won’t get the full one until my eighteenth birthday. This occurs on a very slow day when there is one visible female cook in the back, and the other two employees are out of sight.

Customer: *Walking in* “Hey, beautiful.”

Given that the guy appears to be about thirty-five, I quickly alert my male assistant manager over the headset that I’m slightly creeped out. However, I help him while I wait for my coworker. I hand him his food.

Customer: “Is it just you two girls working tonight?”

Me: “No, sir, there are two more employees doing other things in the back.”

Customer: “Oh, all right.”

A few minutes pass, and I start to clean.

Customer: “Hey, [My Name]?”

Me: “Um, yes?”

Customer: “Do you need someone to come move in with you, pay half of your bills, and take care of you?”

By now, I’m almost ready to call the cops, and I hold down the button to speak with my coworker as I reply to what he said in hopes that he’ll get context clues.

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but I have a steady boyfriend, and I’m only seventeen years old.” 

Customer: “Oh, my bad! Your name tag said, ‘Crew Trainer,’ so I thought you were older.”

Me: *Laughs* “Uh, yeah, that’s fine.” 

Assistant Manager: *Over the headset* “Get behind the counter, please, so he’ll stop looking at you.”

At that point, my assistant manager was visible to the customer, and from then on, he maintained a space between us until the guy left. To this day, I’m still freaked out about it!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!