Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Couple Of Weighty Requests

, , , | Right | January 21, 2011

(Because I was tied up with other tables, my manager kindly seated and provided drinks for an older couple in my section.)

Me: “Hello, sorry for the wait. I see you already have menus and drinks; is there anything else I can get you?”

Husband: “Well, [Manager] suggested we try this beer and it’s fabulous! It has a funny name though, I can’t remember it.”

(I notice the orange slice on the glass and identify the beer as a Hefeweizen.)

Me: “That is a hefeweizen, sir. They are very tasty.”

Husband: “No, that’s not it. It was something else.”

Me: “Hefeweizens are commonly served with citrus. I’m sure that is a hefeweizen.”

Husband: “No, it wasn’t that. It was something German. Hoffenschneider?”

Wife: “No, it was something like hoffenweizer.”

Husband: “That might be it!”

Me: “It is German. It’s called a hefeweizen.”

Husband: “No, you’re wrong. Go get your manager; she knows.”

(Several minutes later I overhear my manager attempting to explain to the couple how to pronounce “Hefeweizen.” She eventually gives up and says, “Just say ‘Hef’.” I return to the couple shortly after my manager leaves.)

Me: “Did [Manager] clear up the confusion for you?”

Husband: “Oh, yes! It certainly is a strange name. We’d like two more heifers, please!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!