Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Combo Of Complaints

, , , , | Right | July 7, 2020

I work at a deli inside a supermarket and we change specials every week. A certain customer that has always given me trouble comes up asking about a special. Keep in mind that the main thing on special is Boar’s Head Turkey.

Customer: “I want some of the Boar’s Head chicken breast on sale.”

Me: *Checks the specials* “Sorry, ma’am, but I only see Boar’s Head turkey on sale.”

Customer: “Oh, it’s on sale; I checked the flyer. Just give me a half-pound.”

My manager always tells me to not argue with customers if they are wrong, and that no matter what, he will back me up, so I slice the half-pound. I price it and she leaves. She comes back about fifteen minutes later. She slams the package of chicken down on the counter.

Customer: “I TOLD YOU TO GIVE ME THE ONE ON SALE AND YOU DIDN’T LISTEN TO ME!”

She shoves the flyer with the weekly specials in my face. I take one look at the flyer and it says that it’s a COMBO on sale.

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but this says it’s for a combo, meaning you have to get half chicken and half muenster cheese to get the discounted price.”

She does a complete 180 of emotions.

Customer: “Oh, I’m so sorry. I had no idea. Can you please slice me another half of turkey?”

Me: “No problem, ma’am, coming right up!”

I finish the half and hand it to her.

Customer: “Actually, you know what? I’m gonna just take the chicken.”

Me: “But, ma’am, I just sliced this half for you.”

Customer: “That’s not my fault! You should have told me it was part of a combo! You should know what I want!”

She then turned and walked away without another word. Honestly, lady, I don’t really mind cutting the meat, but do you really have to sit there and blame me because you can’t read?!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!