Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Colorful Call

, , , , | Right | February 3, 2020

(It is during my training period for an inbound call centre. At the very start, we’re told that if the customer is using foul language or being a jerk, we must warn them to stop. If they continue, we are allowed to hang up. It also cautions this in the automated message at the start. I’ve been paired with someone to learn phone techniques, who immediately explains we’re gonna be dealing with construction workers, so foul language will be rife. She says she does not bother with the warning unless they are swearing at her; otherwise, she’d be constantly hanging up. We get a call from an extremely polite gentleman, and he remains so for the entire phone call. He is at the last stage and giving the delivery postcode.)

Caller: “T… for Twa-aaango. W… for w****r— Oh, s***! And managed to avoid saying t***, too! Oh, s***! F***! Ahh! Take the f****** phone!”

(My trainer has had to mute the phone as we are laughing so hard. The person who takes the phone is wheezing for the same reason.)

Man’s Friend: “One… One sec.”

(We did eventually get the postcode after we all calmed down a bit.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!