Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Collision With Destiny

, , , , , , , | Working | January 20, 2023

As a teenager, my sister was applying for jobs and one day went to drop off an application at a local fast food and ice cream restaurant. She was driving my dad’s truck at the time, and we had gotten food.

While exiting the drive-thru, [Sister] didn’t pull out far enough before turning right. She ended up hitting the concrete piece that helped support the roof over the drive-thru and scraping my dad’s truck. She got home and saw the damage and began sobbing. She called the restaurant to explain she might have damaged the building. Thankfully, there was no damage, and she ended up getting hired and even becoming a manager later on.

When she went to college, she got a job at the same chain and even lived above it. [Sister]’s new boss would pay her to take her place at regional conventions for the owners, where she would always sit with her old boss.

One day, her old boss finally revealed something to her.

Boss: “So, fun fact: when you applied, we weren’t actually hiring at the time and I was going to toss your application. But when you called crying about hitting the building, I thought it was really funny and wanted to see what else would happen with you around.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!