Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Cold-Cut Case Of Mis-Direction

, , , , , , | Working | June 11, 2021

All office workers at my company have been working from home for about a year now, from the start of the global health crisis. I was on maternity leave for several months prior to the start of the crisis, meaning it has been even longer since I have physically been on-site at my facility. I am also horrible with giving directions to begin with.

On top of all this, there’s apparently a lot of construction going on at our facility — a long-planned expansion project — which means road closures, detours, etc. We’ve been told to tell anyone needing directions to follow the signs, which has been working fine. Until we got about a foot of snow overnight…

Caller: “I’m a driver trying to make a delivery, and I think I’m a little lost here.”

Me: “Did you come in at the entrance off [Road]?”

Caller: “Yes.”

Me: “Okay, that’s perfect; that’s where you’re supposed to go. Just follow the signs they have posted to lead you around the construction to the loading docks.”

Caller: “That’s the thing, though. With all the snow, the signs I’m seeing are buried or knocked over. Am I supposed to go around the side here where there’re like dumpsters and a fence? Or do I go straight past the construction trailer?”

Me: “Um… I’m so sorry, I have no idea.”

Caller: “Don’t you work there?”

Me: “Yes, but I’m not at the… Sorry, let me find you someone with a sense of direction. Please hold.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!