Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Closing And Closed Case

, , , | Legal | September 19, 2018

(I am working as a manager late one night. I have to get change for my safe and for my register. We have a magnetic lock for our doors that we use when I need to open the safe so no customers can come in, and the switch is by my register. It also has a ten-minute time delay before it will open. I am waiting on my last customers — two guys — before I lock the door, when another customer comes in.)

Me: “Hi, I am sorry, but these are my last customers for right now. I have to close up.”

(Ignoring me, she walks in.)

Me: *a little louder* “Miss, I am sorry, but this is my last customer. I am closing now.”

(She looks at me, then at the two guys, and leaves. As soon as the two guys leave, I lock up, count the safe, and fill both my register and safe. It only takes a few minutes. I am flipping the switch to open the door when I see lights flashing out of the corner of my eye. I look in the window and see cop cars blocking our parking lot so no one can come in. All the while, I am thinking to myself, “Ooh, someone is in trouble.” Next thing I know, som one is calling my name. I look, and it is one of my regular officers.)

Me: *smiling* “Hi.”

Officer: “I am going to need you to please step outside.”

(I go outside and he follows me, while the other officers come into my store with guns drawn.)

Officer: “We got a phone call saying that you were being robbed.”

Me: “Huh?”

Officer: “Yeah, did you tell anyone that?”

Me: “No, I had a customer come in, and as soon as they left, I locked the doors so I could count the safe and refill it.”

(A few minutes later, the other officers come out saying all is clear.)

Officer: *handing me a card* “Okay, then. Well, if anything happens call me.”

(Thanking him, I finished out my shift. A few days later I found out that the lady had called the cops, thinking I was being robbed by the two men. She thought I was giving her a signal with my eyes. It was nice to know that someone was looking out for me, even though I did not need help.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!