Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Close-Knit Employee

| Right | January 16, 2017

(I recently started a job at a fabric store, where my main duty is to cut fabric. During my training, since I have no prior experience with fabric or sewing, I constantly ask my supervisors for answers. While I am currently on seasonal pay, the general manager has said that I am actually a part-time employee.)

Customer: *approaches me* “Miss, can you help me?”

Me: “Sure, what is it?”

Customer: “Can you recommend a spray for my tee-shirt quilt? You have two different kinds and I want to know which you think is better.”

Me: “Umm, I personally do not know, but let me ask someone who’d know.”

Customer: “Oh, you’re one of those seasonals?”

Me: *about to page my supervisor on the radio* “Yeah?”

Customer: “Figures. These days, you’ll hire anyone off the streets who can wield scissors.”

(I have no answer to that. I page my supervisor and get an answer. Before I can relay it, the customer continues on.)

Customer: “What experience DO you have with fabric?”

Me: “None, but—”

Customer: “Figures. I probably won’t see you after January.”

Me: “But I am the only employee who knows a lick about knitting.”

(The customer had the decency to look ashamed! As for my knowledge of sewing, my supervisor and my mother are both teaching me.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!