Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Child Who Knows How To Conduct Himself

| Right | April 30, 2013

(I am 12 years old. I am taking the train with my eight-year-old brother. After waiting for the conductor for about an hour without having paid, I get up and look for him. I find him somewhere down the train.)

Me: “My little brother and I have been riding this train for one hour without paying, and will soon arrive our destination.”

Conductor: “Okay, just find your seat again. I’ll be right there with you.”

(After about 10 minutes, he’s back with us. He takes a seat beside us, leans in, and starts talking.)

Conductor: “I’ve worked this train every day for 20 years. Every day I see kids your age trying to find ways to ride for free. So when you approached me, honest about wanting to pay for yourselves when I had forgotten, you made my day! I have decided to let you ride for free. You should keep the money. Tell your parents that it is yours now, because they raised you to be such honest and good kids, and buy yourselves something nice.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!