Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Call For Help

| Working | October 18, 2016

(While traveling for a family vacation, we start in Spokane, then fly to Seattle and have a two-hour layover before flying to Los Angeles, and then to Sydney, Australia. We are on the 8:30 am flight from Spokane, however due to maintenance problems the 8:30, 9:30, and 10:30 flights all leave at 10:30 in a bigger plane. Many people, including us, miss their connections and are lining up at the service desk. At the beginning there were two employees working but one left. We are third in line and when there is only one employee left, a woman starts yelling about missing her connection. The employee helps the women and looks like she is about to cry and leaves saying that someone else would be there soon. 15 minutes later the phone begins to ring with no one to answer it.)

Mother: *jokingly to the person ahead of us* “You should answer it.”

Bob: *walks around the counter and answers* “Hello.”

(Silence.)

Bob: “This is Bob.”

(Silence.)

Bob: “I’m a customer. There’s no one here, there’s lineup all the way down the hall, and there’s going to be a riot if we don’t start getting some help.” *hangs up*

(Five minutes later, four employees came running down the hall. We did make eventually make it to Australia but two of our bags were lost.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!