Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Ballooning Sense Of Entitlement, Part 3

, , , | Right | April 27, 2021

Customer: “I want to get these balloons blown up for my son.”

He hands me two very large balloons that were purchased at a different store. 

Me: “I’m sorry, but we only blow up balloons that are purchased in our store. Luckily, we do have some that are similar to these.”

Customer: “That’s ridiculous. I don’t see why you can’t do this for me.”

He argues with me for a few more minutes before he goes to the register with his other items. 

Customer: *To the cashier* “You guys really should learn better customer service. That heartless girl won’t blow up these balloons for me.”

Cashier: “I’m sorry, sir. It’s store policy not to blow up any outside balloons.”

The customer remains angry and combative but leaves without another word. Once he’s gone, I explain the situation to a coworker. Little do I know, the customer forgot something and has come back in. 

Customer: “I can hear you, stupid b****.”

Me: “Sir, I was just explaining to my cashier what happened earlier. There’s no need to be angry.”

I proceed to scan his items and give him his total. 

Customer: “I’m going to report you. What’s your name?”

I give the customer my name and spell it for him, reminding him that the number he needs to call, as well as my name and employee number, are on the bottom of the receipt. 

Customer: “I don’t need to know how to spell your name!”

At that, he left. I never heard anything about a complaint, but soon after, a different customer came up to me and apologized for his behaviour, thanking me for behaving so calmly.

Related:
A Ballooning Sense Of Entitlement, Part 2
A Ballooning Sense Of Entitlement

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!