Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #99998

, , | Unfiltered | November 13, 2017

(I can feel a sinus infection coming on and my doctor is scheduled out three weeks. Next morning, sure enough – I can’t breathe through my nose and I feel like there’s a brick sitting on my face. I break down and go to a clinic rather than spend two weeks miserable.)
Nurse: What seems to be the issue?
Me: I think I have a sinus infection. My face hurts and I can’t breathe through my nose.
Nurse: Any fever, nausea, vomiting?
Me: No, nothing like that. I’ve been coughing a bit today, but only when I got up. I think that’s just sinus drainage.
Nurse: When you have a fever with coughing and vomiting, that’s the flu. You should go to bed and keep hydrated.
Me: I have no fever and I haven’t thrown up. I have a minor cough, but again, I think that’s sinus drainage, as it only lasted for a few minutes after I got up.
Nurse: The flu is very common right now, and there’s nothing I can really prescribe for it but hydration and rest. Here’s a prescription to ease your coughing, so there’s no more vomiting. If your fever spikes, you may need to come back in. Is there anything else?
Me: …….
(I threw the prescription away. I had the thought as I left of some poor person hobbling in there with a broken ankle and being told It’s the flu.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!